Monday, September 28, 2009

We're off to live in the Village...

..the wonderful village of Ghana!

We are about to complete phase 2 of our tour around Ghana in Kumasi and head to the rural-no-toilets-to-be-found-awesome-adventure-time Village.

Kumasi has been so great! I love being here and I REALLY love my family. I will miss them so much when we go, but I know I will come back to see them during my month of research.

Tomorrow, we are throwing a big party for them! There will be a big meal and we are performing 2 dances. I am soooo excited! We've been practicing all week and I think it will be well received.

For those of you who are dying to know what I wrote in Twi, here is your translation:

Hello. How are you? What is your name? Where are you from? I like Ghana? (suppose to be Do you like Ghana but I messed up sorry!) Ok, see you later!

Ok, so here in Ghana, before you even get your name when you are born, you have a "day-born" name. There is a male and female name for each day. Mine is Ama because I was born on Saturday. I posted them below, so check them out, figure out yours, and leave it as a comment (the female name is listed first.)

Monday: Adwoa, Kojo

Tuesday: Abenaa, Kwabenaa

Wednesday: Akua, Kwaka

Thursday: Yaa, Yau

Friday: Afia, Kofi

Saturday: Ama, Kwame

Sunday: Akosua, Kwasi

Anyway, I won't be able to post while I am in the village, but well - there is no internet there. But expect a post full of funny stories, great friends, and lots of adventures when I get back.

Now, I would like to take this time to do an American shout out:

CONGRADS TO MY BEST FRIEND ALANE AND HER SOON-TO-BE HUSBAND CALEB!! GOD BLESS YOU GUYS AND I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Talk to everyone one the flip side of the village :)

No comments:

Post a Comment