Monday, August 24, 2009

And so it begins...

For the record, I haven't left the U.S. yet.

I wanted to start this blog before I left that way I have it at my disposal as I prepare to travel to Ghana.

I have to say, I'm quite excited to leave. Aside from the assumed reasons, here are some more specific ones:

* An oversees layover. It's in London and I am hoping to sneak out of the airport and do a little exploring ;)

*Dance class! On the packing sheet, they ask us to bring a 'work out/dance class outfit'. Therefore, I am expecting to get funky and certainly break it down

*Meeting my peers. I just got the list yesterday. Yes, I've facebook creeped and tried to friend as many as possible. However, for those of you who know me, you know I have NO trouble making friends.

*Kente cloth - basically, one of my desires since I was 15 years old was to own an authentic piece of kente cloth. I plan to wear it at graduation and wherever else I feel it appropriate (ya know, yoga, grocery store, class, etc.)

*Wearing skirts...all the time. Seriously. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

*Meeting my homestay family. I bet they are going to be amazing!

So that's a start, I'm sure there are a billion different things to be excited for, but yeah, it's a start.

Ok, so I still need some things.

Like a mosquito net
and a one piece bathing suit
and non t-shirts
and hiking boots.

Yeah, I need to get on that.

That's where I am so far. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment